Ateners

Welcome you to Ateners Forum!
Please, log in and have fun!
Ateners
.:: Chào mừng Bạn đến với Diễn đàn trực tuyến Ateners, lớp 061E10, Khoa Ngôn ngữ và Văn hóa Anh - Mỹ, Trường Đại học Ngoại ngữ, Đại học Quốc gia Hà Nội Welcome to Ateners's Oficial Forum, Class 061E10, Faculty of English, Hanoi University of Languages and International Studies, Vietnam National University! ::.
:) Announcement Displayed!

Put Your Foot In Your Mouth ( say something embarrassing ... )

[A]dmin
    [Mod Team] Admin
    [Mod Team] Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Jobs : Student
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Put Your Foot In Your Mouth ( say something embarrassing ... )

Post by [A]dmin on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:38 pm

You "put your foot in your mouth" when you say something that makes a person feel embarrassed. Example: "Last night I was telling a joke, and I really put my foot in my mouth. I had no idea I was talking about Rob's wife."
    You can imagine how embarrassed you would feel and how funny you would look if you actually "put your foot in your mouth." Example: "I am so embarrassed. Are you sure he could hear me when I was talking in the next room?" Reply: "Yes. You really put your foot in your mouth." Note: The word "foot" is always singular when you say "foot in your mouth". Example: "Let's all be very careful what we say at the meeting tomorrow. I don't want anyone putting their foot in their mouth." When you say something which makes someone feel embarrassed or causes an embarrassing situation, you have "put your foot in your mouth."

[Mod Team] Admin
    [Mod Team] Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Jobs : Student
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Re: Put Your Foot In Your Mouth ( say something embarrassing ... )

Post by [A]dmin on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Two free webs for learning English and downloading reference e-books to share:

Đề thi

Tiếng Anh

Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm